Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Best WordPress theme to start with

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    netviper

So I have been using starkers for a long time, but it seems dated at this point with responsive web design etc.

Chris tweeted about using a responsive theme, but he never replied when I asked what he would suggest, so I am asking here. What are you guys using as the best started theme for WP right now?

Thanks,

Dave

chrisburton
    Participant

It’s not responsive out of the bag but I use the HTML5 Reset WordPress Theme. It’s very light.

netviper

Is responsive really worth doing? Seems like a lot of extra effort when iphones, androids and BB all display websites pretty much exactly as any browser these days.

@netviper and extremely small and hard to read. Responsive designs lets the page “scale” correctly no matter the window size and still be readable.

JoshWhite

I usually use Starkers, but I’ve since just created my own based on Starkers and added a few things that I found I added virtually every single time.

netviper

So I still haven’t started anything responsive yet. I hate to use someone else’s theme because I find I spend way too much time trying to make small changes that would be simple on my own basic theme.

Any other suggestions out there like starkers?

Anyone use: http://themble.com/bones/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.