Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Best way to get exposure to a web design contest?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    n4moredesign
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m trying to create a contest for web designers on my website. And so far, its been really. really. slow.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get some more exposure to it?

Here is the link: http://n4moredesign.com/web-designs/showcase-of-flat-ui-designs.html

Thanks to all in advance!
    gabe

TheDoc

Well, your contest involves people doing actual work for a chance to win a prize valued at $40. I would imagine that that is less than an hours worth of work for the majority of designers out there. Why would they compete in a project when they can simply save their money and just buy the pack themselves if they want?

If you’re running a competition with a worthless prize entering the competition needs to be easy. Something like commenting on the post or tweeting with a particular hashtag.

If you want people to submit designs you need to have prizes that are worth peoples’ time. For an example, here’s a list of prizes for this year’s CSSOff: http://www.unmatchedstyle.com/cssoff/prizes.php

__
    Participant

If you’re running a competition with a worthless prize entering the competition needs to be easy.

Looks pretty easy, actually. No need to spend tons of time and money on the project:

The winners will be chosen randomly.

contest terms and conditions

But I was really interested in finding out if submissions became your property (which would be evil, but especially so for only a chance at $40). Your terms don’t say; care to answer?

TheDoc

Well, to be fair, I couldn’t actually figure out how submissions work or what the examples at the bottom of the post were. Are those people that have already submitted?

It also says:

Flat UI Pro – FREE When you submit your best flat UI design for a chance to win!

So, you get it just for submitting?

chrisburton
    Participant

But I was really interested in finding out if submissions became your property (which would be evil, but especially so for only a chance at $40). Your terms don’t say; care to answer?

That was my initial thought here as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.