Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

best CMS for ecommerce website

• # April 17, 2012 at 9:10 am

looking for to decide on a CMS that will be best for an ecommerce website. have recently used joomla for one of my projects, but now i have to work on a project which is totally a ecommerce website. so, i’ve been looking into opencart, prestashop, magento, wordpress and joomla. among these, which one would you prefer would be the best solution and can be easy to edit (template).

i am really good with jooma and i am learning the rest, so also if anyone knows good tutorials for opencart, magento and prestashop please help !

thanks for help.

# April 17, 2012 at 9:27 am

thanks a lot ! but they only themes, i will be creating custom designs according to the client. so,was looking for an alternative to joomla.

which one among the one listed above would you prefer ?

# April 17, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I’m really starting to enjoy working with Shopify, though it’d be another new language for you to learn (though it’s pretty simple).

# April 18, 2012 at 12:20 am

@TheDoc : i’ve seen it before, a friend of mine has worked on it ! even he said its really easy, but isin’t it a hosted e-commerce solution where you have to pay them !

i am looking for something that is open source.

# April 19, 2012 at 12:39 am

It’s really according to how many items you are planning to sell. Magento works great for a large store but for fewer items I would recommend wordpress with an eCommerce plugin.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".