Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Auto-Playing Featured Content Slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    battybat
    Participant

hi all

playing with the demo of the Auto-Playing Featured Content Slider…

is it possible to get this to work so that it changes the slide on mouse over of the thumbnail, rather than on click?

cheers

chazzwick

Yes you can. Simply change this code near the bottom:

Code:
    $navthumb
    .click(function() {
    var $this = $(this);
    theInterval($this.parent().attr(‘href’).slice(1) – 1);
    return false;
    });

to:

Code:
    $navthumb
    .mouseover(function() {
    var $this = $(this);
    theInterval($this.parent().attr(‘href’).slice(1) – 1);
    return false;
    });
    battybat
    Participant

wonderful!

thank you very much

fabiopao

I noticed that when you click (or mouseover) an icon, the featured content displays for about the double of time than when you don’t interact with the navigation (same story with the starting content).
    Is there a way to avoid this behaviour and have all the screenshots displaying for the same time?
    thanks

Rabastan

I have been playing with the Auto-Playing Featured Content Slider for a site I am building for a friend. Its awesome and almost perfect for what he needs.

I have two questions,

I am having a problem with the layout when I used it within the site. Look here http://anickpaladinofilm.com/movies.php. See how it pushes the thumbnailss together. However in I view just the include page it works fine. I know the problem is probably in the css somewhere but I cant seem to find it.

Also is there a way to make to thumbnail area hold more than six items and slide left and right.

Thank you in advance
    Jon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.