Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript AnythingSlider in Drupal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mtippetts

I’ve used AnythingSlider on a number of sites in the past, but I have a client that would like it incorporated into a Drupal site. I’m fairly experienced with Drupal and I tried to create a view that would place content into an AnythingSlider but have had little success. I’ve scoured over Drupal’s forums looking for an answer and there is very little information. Has anyone tried this or does anyone have any ideas that I could try. This would be amazing. Thanks!

Mottie

I have no idea how to work with Drupal so I wouldn’t be able to give you much direction. Are you needing a way for the client to add/remove content? Like a plugin or something?
    Sadly, I haven’t run across any plugins for Drupal.

What specifically are you trying to do?

mtippetts

Thanks for your reply. I want to have a slider on the front page that pulls content from recent posts. There are Drupal modules that offer similar functionality and are easy to use, but I need the ability to place various forms of media (video, images, embedded media, etc.) into the slider and AnythingSlider seemed like the best option. Basically, the user needs to be able to fill out a form and have the form contents be placed into the slider. Does that make sense?

Mottie

Hey, I’m at a total loss here :(

I don’t know how Drupal works but if you can figure out the code to populate the slider from the form contents, then updating the slider is simply a matter of calling the slider again without any options

$('#slider').anythngSlider();

I did find this article and this one, but I don’t know if it’ll help you at all.

emlyaiko

Humm I ended up just creating a view and the view in drupal has a slider option. You can look at this thread below for some answers. Basically you have to edit the template file and can then add in the PHP script there
    http://groups.drupal.org/node/49028

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.