Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Anyone tried Expression Studio?

• # July 3, 2008 at 1:59 am

Was wondering if anyone has tried Microsoft’s Expression Studio? They are touting it as being a "next-gen" suite for web development… I was messing around in the trial version of it, and I don’t like the feel of it as much as adobe. Expression Design I think is the equivalent of Adobe Photoshop, and it doesnt have nearly as many filtersstyles, etc. However, at a price of 700 for the entire suite… seems pretty good.

Pros Cons For Adobe and Microsoft Expression anyone?

.V1
    # July 3, 2008 at 8:55 am

Well u have adobe, a platform where u can trust on. And u have microsoft.. who is beeing… microsoft. :$ that would say enough.

but just download both trials and compare and see what matches your workflow.

# July 3, 2008 at 10:42 am

True. Just cost wise it seems nice… My biggest concern would basically be Design. Apparently there is no complete Photoshop = Design…. They all do slightly different things. However, I love the styling of layers with photoshop…. HMMM. :shock:

.V1
    # July 5, 2008 at 4:17 am
    "milehighdesigner" wrote:
    True. Just cost wise it seems nice… My biggest concern would basically be Design. Apparently there is no complete Photoshop = Design…. They all do slightly different things. However, I love the styling of layers with photoshop…. HMMM. :shock:

wait till u see CS4, it will blow your mind.

# July 5, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Blah. I heard cs4 isn’t coming out for a while? And I just bought CS3.. bad move?=(

.V1
    # July 6, 2008 at 2:26 am
    Blah. I heard cs4 isn’t coming out for a while? And I just bought CS3.. bad move?=(

Yes i think its a bad move, unless cs4 is comming out with in a month.. than u can swap your cs3 for cs4 for free.

There are already beta releases in the adobe labs (labs.adobe.com) such as DW cs4, fireworks cs4, soundbooth cs4…
    These would indicate that it probably wont take long that cs4 is getting released.. But on the other hand, they are still full of bugs. This is the firstime they have released beta’s of creative suites on the labs. They used to be private only. =]

# July 6, 2008 at 12:56 pm

Yeah. I was hoping for a "no matter what man, cs3 is awesome!" :|

.V1
    # July 6, 2008 at 1:24 pm

No matter what man! cs3 is still awsome!

(its just no match for the new cs4, o dear god, please release it A S A P).

There are already allot of CS4 screenshots leaked…

# July 6, 2008 at 5:11 pm

Oh well… CS3 is still awesome. There are amazing sites made now with them, and possibly even better with CS4, but honestly, I’m sure CS3 will cater to whatever my potential is.

.V1
    # July 7, 2008 at 3:05 am
    Oh well… CS3 is still awesome. There are amazing sites made now with them, and possibly even better with CS4, but honestly, I’m sure CS3 will cater to whatever my potential is.

Nothing wrong with CS3. The most of the updates / upgrades in CS4 are made to so u can develop faster, and better.

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/06/21/ado … reenshots/

as u can see there, photoshop has TABS.. <3!

vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-twq85H0CU

# August 31, 2008 at 2:30 pm

i like Expression studio becoz gives u the flexibility and freedom to bring your vision to reality-whethever you are desgning standards-based Web sites..is a very good program

# September 1, 2008 at 2:22 am

why would you need creative suite 3 or 4. doesn’t photoshop do all the things you need? what would you use cs3 for?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".