Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Alternate solution for fly-over boxes?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jbc
    Participant

OK, don’t know what to call this or what forum to properly post in so hoping someone can help me.
    I installed a nifty plugin into WordPress that evidently isn’t being supported any more. It uses jQuery (I think) to switch the background of an element when clicked on.

Here is a link to the demo: Paper Grid Demo

I would like to create a similar effect using CSS if possible but don’t know what even to call this technique. The REAL problem is that this plugin has the content in the back application and no content on the page. Alas So none of the keywords in the boxes on our site are available for indexing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for something that can allow me to have the content on the page but give a nice visual effect when you highlight it?

Sorry for the vagueness of this question but I’m hunting.

jbc
    Participant

Found my own solution!!! Sridhar Katakam has a nice tutorial on “CSS Flip Animation in Genesis” Your text to link here…

His tutorial also includes php code to make a custom post type etc. but the CSS is all there. I plunked it out and applied it to my content and so far so good.

Nice CSS Solution to get an effect I like.

jbc
    Participant

In fairness to the vendor… the core text was on the page so I misspoke about content being off-page. My apologies.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.