Hey folks, I got some big news. Part of me going off on my own is that I plan to work harder on CSS-Tricks. Part of that is doing the biggest and best redesign ever. So I figured, why do all that in a cave? Instead, I’ll screencast every last bit of it and make it available to you. It will be available in a private access area that you can get access to by backing the project on Kickstarter.
Here’s my explanation and appeal:
I’m planning to make it quite comprehensive, breaking things down into small easily digestible bits. I have a plan, but I’m also going to be doing lots of off-the-cuff stuff as it comes up in the process. For instance, choosing and setting up the private access area to begin with. Here’s some of what we’ll cover:
- Visual design decisions and process
- Writing semantic HTML and using HTML5
- Working with WordPress and crafting a heavily customized theme
- Writing CSS and using CSS3
- Working efficiently
- Responsive design and all the complex issues that come along with that
- Using cool tools like Sass with Compass and CodeKit
- The version control (git) and deployment setup
- Making good choices around monetization
I would absolutely love your support on this. I think the rewards will be worth it.