Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Your thoughts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Athelstan
    Participant

Hi All,
    I have nearly finished a web site for a friends company, your thoughts on layout, functionality etc would be appreciated. Many thanks to Chris for his tutorials which have helped to write this. http://www.cmacinnes.co.uk

Hi Athelstan,

First off let me say, good job on this project.

Looking through the code you seem to have made a nice job of it indeed.

Really liking the main nav, with the spotlights. A great touch for the theme of the site.

What I noticed however is that you seem to be running the default browser font for your content? I couldnt find any font-family declarations in your CSS file. I really suggest you define at least a base serif font for the sake of readability. Verdana, Arial, Helvetica.. you can’t go wrong with any of these.

I don’t have any major beefs with the layout, I’m not overly keen on the colour scheme you have used for the main area. I think the font-blue and the background colour clash somewhat. Feel free anyone to trip me up on that I am mildly colour blind and not always correct on those issues ! But I think I would rather see either the background made lighter, or the font colour made lighter and of same hue as the background it’s sitting on. It’s not a huge struggle in terms of readability, but I think you could improve it slightly.

Also debatable, but perhaps a slight increase in line-height on your paragraphs could help out with readability to. Though stressing, it’s not bad as is. I’m just looking from a tweaking perspective.

All in, you’ve made a nice job of that. Im sure it will help your friend get some extra business. Good work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.