Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Young Web Developers in the UK :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    tompntn

Is there any other young (14 yrs old) web developers out there from the UK? I am fluent in CSS/HTML/JS(inc jQuery)/PHP, (my sites http://www.teepeestudios.net btw) if you have similar talents then add me on Twitter ( @tompntn) and we can help and discuss each others work etc… maybe make a small blog or forum or something… Know it’s a long shot but worth a try :)

TheDoc

I feel like @chriscoyier provided a link for younger web devs… it was a podcast, I think? Can’t remember what it’s called!

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I recently made a website for young web developers to hang out at http://www.youngwebbuilder.com/forum

Anonymous
    Inactive

Working link, sorry Young Web Developers

Staggers

Turned 18 a month ago, thanks for making me feel old OP :D

I started with css, html, js and php when I was around 14/15 too.

You can afford your own .com website? I am jealous, I can only dream of owning such things.

I’ve always done it all for a hobby though, I’ve developed several systems, started out with MySql, now I hate it and prefer flat filing with .log text files.

##Edit: I am UK based, I forgot to add. I’m from Saaawwwffff London, you probably saw the burning buildings on the tv last Summer Time.

ross

I too turned 18 last month! – and have been creating websites since I was about 14 also.

And today, I actually have a full time job as a front-end web designer…

So my advice for anyone who’s just starting out would be to just stick with it. It can be quite surprising how a hobby can turn into a career so quickly!

I’m from the UK too by the way :)

Staggers

How did you get into an actual job Ross?

I’ve got absolutely no connections or clues as to how to get started in life, I can get the grades but my family has no ties to anywhere it seems.

Taufik Nurrohman
    Participant

Wow. You are incredible people.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone looked at the new funding in the UK?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.