Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other YES! Here is a design I have need for opinion of.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Today I am happy because my favorite website gets a forum. I check CSS-Tricks everyday usually twice. Today I saw the forums was new but no post buttons. I go to get a sandwhich and come back to a new and working forum! Anyways…

I have question please someone tell me whats up with this design I did. Here it is the link.

Please give me some inputs. I require the knowledge. How can be improved?

[img]http://indiebelts.com/images/thumb.jpg[/img]
    http://indiebelts.com

o-d

hi, i look your site. Its very good. But i think it maybe need some more colours. Also it has some html errors -> http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1 … .com%2F%23

In the end it’ll be a good website. Have a nice day.

Erika

I like it! Love the sliding sections at the top. I will say this – the font that you used in orange? It’s a little tough on the eyes. Maybe something that’s just as wide, but with more defined characters? That’s my main thing.

o-d

that sliding top menu should be a mootools thing. i remember that i saw something likewise.

o-d

i usually prefer prototype :) but i like mootols stuff. want to use some moothing later :)

Hawke

I appreciate dark color, and your website is really cool :)
    The only thing I’m not sure about is the font you used on the date section. I don’t know why, but it dosen’t fit with the rest very well in my opinion…

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Hey Kevin,

I think it’s a really strong design, good work! All the tweaks I would suggest are typographic. The font in the blurbs in the slider-thingy are bitmappy and jagged, I’d play with some different options there. I general I could see bumping down all of the body copy a smidge and increasing the line-height.

Jermayn Parker
    Participant

The header is a bit squished…
    Maybe increase the height apart from that I like it and in regards to the type and colours, it looks ok to me….

Jermayn Parker
    Participant
    "KevinChappell" wrote:
    I wanted a dark design to draw the users attention to the product images. But still some highlights may be needed.

If you add colours it wont be a dark design but rather a dark rainbow…
    So leave the colours. If you want it a lil brighter, just lighten the hue and brightness of the existing colours and not add more colours.

koewnet

For starters, I would recommend to alter the meta-text after a blog-post. As it is now it’s the default WP output:

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 at 10:42 am and is filed under Event Calendar, Site News, Wrestling Events . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

I’d like to see if you could present the data a bit better. Perhaps more aesthetically pleasing.

Then there’s the date:

Quote:
    May 13, 2008 to
    August 18, 2008

Perhaps you’d want to make them look more involved with the post. As it is now, it’s stealing my attention away from the news-text. Maybe the post would’ve been more pleasing if you could make the dates look somewhat like this: http://lab.christianmontoya.com/css-dates/? (Not saying you should use those colours)

koewnet
    Quote:
    Actually the dates you cited are are for Events. The post dates are on the very top left corner of the post.

Why not make it more obvious? If it’s dates for events, why not point that out? Since the dates-box stole my attention, I never saw when the post was published.

And another thing: The footer-class was set to 1010px in width. This gave me a horizontal scrollbar when using Firefox 2 with 1024×768 as screen resolution. When I removed it (through Firebug), the scrollbar disappeared and the design was still intact.

Yeah the footer looks way off on 1920-by-1200.
    Great looking site otherwise!!!!

zamoht
    Participant

I stumbled on your post besides decipher RV Altitude. I want your technique of The Avenir.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.