# May 30, 2009 at 2:02 am
Ok, how do you get wp to stop putting the title of the pages at top of every page, Like when i make an about me page it puts About Me at the top of the main content… ??
Another question.. I made my pages /pagename/ and when i navigate from my main page where the blog post are to another parent page, the side bar image is broke, it only shows on main page? is there a reason? Do i have to link the whole image url to make it show on all pages?# May 30, 2009 at 3:54 am
1. Remove this line <h2><?php the_title(); ?></h2> from page.php
2. Not sure I understand the question. How are you calling the image in the sidebar? By default sidebar.php is full of conditional statements ie. if it’s on the home page show something, if it’s an archive show something else etc. If you want it to do something different you need to change those statements to suit.
Or you could just create a new sidebar just for your pages .# May 31, 2009 at 10:22 am
It would be much easier if you posted a link to the site.
1) As stated above, pages are styled in the file page.php which resides in your theme’s directory. Editing this file is where you look to solve your problem.
2) If the sidebar image (whatever that is) is broken check your <img> tag. It might contain a relative* path <img src="image/sidebar.jpg" /> in which case you probably need to make the path absolute <img src="/image/sidebar.jpg" />.
I hope this makes sense, and like i said if you have further problems putting up a link to the site usually attracts more answers.
* What this means is the <img> tag is adding "image/sidebar.jpg" to the current location. For the homepage this is just http://www.example.com/image/sidebar.jpg – which works. But for a page this becomes http://www.example.com/pagename/image/sidebar.jpg.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.