Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WP: How to remove irrelevant footer’s links?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dieorfly

I am trying to remove irrelevant limks from the footer of my WP theme. When I tried to delete these links from footer.php I got error and the page is not loading. I have find out that there is encrypted license key checker in functions.php, which not allows me to change the footer links I managed to decode this encryption to follow:

if (!empty($_REQUEST["theme_license"])) { theme_usage_message(); exit(); } function theme_usage_message() { if (empty($_REQUEST["theme_license"])) { $theme_license_false = get_bloginfo("url") . "/index.php?theme_license=true"; echo "<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=$theme_license_false">"; exit(); } else { echo ("<p style="padding:10px; margin: 10px; text-align:center; border: 2px dashed Red; font-family:arial; font-weight:bold; background: #fff; color: #000;">This theme is released free for use under creative commons licence. All links in the footer should remain intact. These links are all family friendly and will not hurt your site in any way. This great theme is brought to you for free by these supporters.</p>"); } }

Unfortunately I am not able to turn of this license key checker. Any ideas what should I do to turn it off so I can remove irrelevant links from footer?

Thanks a lot.

TheDoc
    dieorfly

Thanks but I don’t know how to modify that php section I posted above to disable the license key checker.

There is no check_theme_footer(); in my code above which I could delete. Any ideas?

TheDoc

The code is nearly identical to the other one posted, there must be something in the functions.php file checking for the footer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.