Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WP ecommerce

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey everyone,

First let me say thanks to everyone whose been really helpful. I’m pretty new around here, so it’s really nice to get feedback from people and hopefully I can give back as I grow as a developer as well!

That being said, my curiosity can hopefully be abated by someone whose done it before – I’ve recently picked up a client who needs an ecommerce system put together.

My first instinct was to integrate Foxycart into WP. But the more I dug into his needs, it looks like this thing is going to sport something like 200-250 products. They deal in a narrow list of automotive parts, but even 2-3 parts when spread between 100 makes and models gets pretty hairy.

My primary question revolves around the plausibility of using some kind of ecommerce along with WordPress. But I’m really weary about building in like 200 pages for products. Another thought was possibly tying in a product cart / list to a custom page in WP. That way I’m navigating through a self contained catalog / cart that can be managed separately but comes through the site.

If someone has tackled it already, let me know if it’s a good route to go. Otherwise I’ll probably turn to something like Magneto since it looks the most flexible of the few that I’ve seen (and it looks purdy too :P)

Rob MacKay
    Participant

This is probably the most popular WP Plugin that handles e-comm

http://www.instinct.co.nz/e-commerce/

not done much e-comm myself so im a little stuck as what to advise :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.