Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WP: Can’t attach Featured Image

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    noahgelman
    Participant

I’m trying to attach a featured image to a post, but after I click the “Use as Featured Image” button, it changes to “saving” and then just stays there.

Normally it only takes a second or so.

I’ve looked into memory issues but that doesn’t seem to be the issue. Is there anything else that seems to cause this?

I’m testing on the basic 2011 theme and no plugins.

zardos

any javascript errors?

noahgelman
    Participant

Chrome is giving me this. I’m not sure how to interpret it:

POST *website*/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php  load-scripts.php:4
    f.support.ajax.f.ajaxTransport.send load-scripts.php:4
    f.extend.ajax load-scripts.php:4
    f.each.f.(anonymous function) load-scripts.php:4
    WPSetAsThumbnail load-scripts.php:6
    onclick
    noahgelman
    Participant

Definitely some kind of ajax error but I have no idea what I need to do to fix it

noahgelman
    Participant

Any idea?

Hi!
    I’m in trouble with this error too. Until now I discover that ngggallery last version add some options in wp-settings-{userid} cookie. After remove ngg the cookie remains (several entries in WP database refers to ngg after remove). In Chrome developer tools if you delete the cookie
    (Resources->Cookies->{yourdomain}) you can set and remove post thumbnail again. I have several plugins and this can cause a “plugin hell”. But in my tests I installed a new version just with WP (post thumbnail ok) after install last version of ngggallery no more post thumbnail. After remove ngggallery the problem remains. No other plugins in my test site. I’m trying remove the creation of things like ‘imgsize=thumbnail&align=none&ngg_show_update_notice196=1&ngg_upload_resize=1‘ that remains after ngggallery install. See your {prefix}_postmeta table and search for records with ‘ngg’. If you have new information about this problem, please share the news.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.