Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Worpress – Index.php & Page.php – same but different

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tannercampbell
    Participant

http://demo.godelray.com

Nearing the finish line! Thanks to TheDoc and everyone else who has helped me learn a lot, and I mean a shit ton, on this project.

I’m running into another snag and I can’t figure out why.

my index.php and my page.php are identical, but the page.php page is not displaying properly. I know this is something I simply lack the experience to know, so apologize for the stupid question. Anyone want to point me in the right direction on this? Thanks guys.

Tanner

chrisburton
    Participant

index.php will display your homepage
    page.php is for pages such as about, contact or whatever you add in your admin panel

But I’m confused, what is the problem exactly?

chrisburton
    Participant

Hmm, from the last time I used WordPress I believe index.php and page.php have separate functions and are not entirely the same.

chrisburton
    Participant

Could it be that it is not the php files but your invalid markup?

chrisburton
    Participant

You’d be surprised what could resolve out of fixing invalid markup. When I first started, fixing my errors was my number 1 problem.

TheDoc

Remember you shouldn’t be completely copying files over – they are going to be slightly different. Try looking at the default theme and seeing how it is all put together.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.