Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Works fine on computer, not uploaded

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    genie86333

Hi! I’m just learning CSS & am working on a site.

I’m a bit confused because I have two elements where I need a background color.

It works fine when I open the html file in IE8 from the files my local machine, but when I upload the files to the site, all of the the css works except the background color tags. (all the css tags are in an external css file, which is uploaded & I’m assuming it’s correctly linked to or the other css tags wouldn’t work, right?) (And, yes, I’m using the same computer, same browser to view in both instances.) Any ideas?

virtual
    Participant

Can you post a link to your page?

genie86333

The site where I’m testing the css is http://www.goldpanfunding.com/test/index.html

There’s supposed to be a greenish bar across the page at the "welcome" and the table in the footer should have the same color background.

Of course, I’ve since noticed that the footer css doesn’t work on other browsers…

Looks to me like you forgot to upload your CSS file.

View the source on your online demo.

Code:

When you try to open gpfCSS4.css in your browser, you get 404’d.

genie86333

Ah, found the problem. The file was uploaded but had different capitalization in file name & the link.

So why did the sticky footer work but not the background?

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.