Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Working on a DVD review blog – custom wordpress theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    humanboy

Hey, I’m new to the forums. I’ve been reading CSS Tricks pretty regularly but never really ventured inside here for some reason.

I’ve been doing web sites for a couple years now but I feel like I’m just now getting the grasp of good crisp looking design. At least that’s how I feel. I need some more opinions. If you could check out http://www.betaftw.com and let me know what you think of everything, I’d appreciate it. It is a work in progress.

A couple things to note:
    It’s not finished. The single.php is still in need of some ids and classes, especially around the comments area.

I plan to have a main featured post with the newest post on the front page that spans the width of the site (around 800px) to give the front page a little more pizazz.

I need to work on the footer.

Thanks.

humanboy

Thanks! I’ve been debating about the nav actually. Right now It’s fitting my 200px wide grid columns. I could probably decrease the spacing between them and enlarge it just a bit though.

blue642

one small thing i would add is to add some ‘padding:bottom’ to the ‘.post-ratings’… right now when you roll over a star, the box bounces to allow room for the "1 star, 2 star, etc…" text. the bottom padding should alleviate that.

edit: the first post with the full content is the one that is affected with the bouncing.

humanboy

Yeah, that is definitely going to get fixed. It’s been bugging me. It’s going to be a quick fix, so I’ve been kind of saving it for the end.

Thanks for the feedback. If anyone else has any opinions, I’d love to hear them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.