Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Workflow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

In the past year I have been working as a junior Web Developer. I have learnt so much with PHP/ MySQL / Servers and other parts of this world. This also means that I have not built a web site in sooo long. So I’ve recently started to want to build my website for my portfolio/ cv & for freelance work if I can get any?

My question is, what is the best workflow. With this, I mean in what order do I create a site. As I work with a load of programmers I have sat on both the designers side & the programmers side of the fence.

Before, I would just create the site to work. But, now I have been advised to create the site to work with HTML, then add the CSS and then finally add the JQuery and anything alike… The reason I have been advised this is so the site still works with Stylesheets & Javascript disabled.

My current site in development uses CSS for the core layout of the site, but when you disable this, well you know what happens. You can see my development version at beta.wukkiweb.co.uk (Any feedback welcome)

Can you please advise me on the best practice. When ever I speak to my friends who are Web Designers, they often advise me that I should not worry about it. The chances of anyone using the site with these disabled are paranoid geeks & users with geeks setting there machines up.

Cheers

TT_Mark

Getting a site to work with JavaScript disabled is a good idea if you’re trying to win clients from outside of the creative industries. However, getting it to work without CSS is really not that important for a portfolio site.

Also, take your form out of that table please :-)

haha, yeah I know about the form. The new version is being created. :)

That does make sense for my portfolio. It’s hard when you get different professionals telling you what you should & shouldn’t do!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.