Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress & Web.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SteveA

Has anyone ever installed WordPress on a Web.com hosted domain before? If so, did you have any issues and how did you overcome them?

When I ran the install, I got to the final step and logged in then I received the following error, “Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Exception’ with message ‘Invalid controller specified (preview)’ in /home/cluster1/data/p/u/a753232/inc/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php:241 Stack trace: #0 /home/cluster1/data/p/u/a753232/inc/Zend/Controller/Front.php(934): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #1 /home/cluster1/data/p/u/a753232/html/app/bootstrap.php(17): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #2 /home/cluster1/data/p/u/a753232/html/index.php(2): require(‘/home/cluster1/…’) #3 {main} thrown in /home/cluster1/data/p/u/a753232/inc/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php on line 241”

The url is http://www.emersonrx.com/preview/wordpress/

After searching, the only discussion I can find concerning installing WordPress on a Web.com domain ended with the developer saying he better find another host.

Any suggestions?

realife

Did you make sure you have Linux hosting? that supported by PHP?
    After that make sure you upload all the wordpress folder
    then try to install it

SteveA

Yes the hosting is Linux and they run PHP 5.

realife

Did you create a database and changed the wp-config-sample.php?

SteveA

Yes. I have installed multiple WordPress sites over the past year. As far as I can tell, the only thing that is different in this is case is the host.

Does anyone have any experience installing WP through Web.com? I’m beginning to wonder if it just won’t work. Maybe they don’t support Apache rewrite rules? I’ve even tried installing older versions but I get the exact same weird error message about the Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Exception.

SteveA

Ok I figured it out. The client’s server had some bootstrap re-write stuff that was interfering with the index.php file in WordPress. A little re-write in a .htaccess file in the main WP folder fixed the problem.

realife

Well Done ;)

PlasmicSteve

Steve A – I just found this thread. I’m trying to do the same thing. Would you be able to post a description, or code, on those .htaccess file changes you made? I’d really appreciate it!

Dillion

Would you be able to post a description, or code, on those .htaccess file changes you made?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.