Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress – Upload images for site wide use

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Adams
    Participant

Does anyone know a way (plugin, function, theme options etc.) of having the ability to upload images that can be used site wide, and not tied to a post or page?

I’m thinking for a slideshow to be used in a site wide header, or a pool of images that can randomly chosen as the background image. But the idea being that the client can just upload and delete images to be used via the admin, rather than being hard coded into header.php

Thanks!

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Hmmm… My only note is that Uploading an image to WordPress is still an image you can use site-wide. It doesn’t restrict access of the image.

Nathan Adams
    Participant

Yes, I understand that. But I don’t want to code in a direct reference to a particular image. I want to be able to manage images within a particular group, which the template would reference. (Say the slide show that’s included in the header has image A, B & C. The client can then delete B, and upload D to the group, and the slide show automatically pulls in A, C & D instead)

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Hmmm. Okay. Sounds like you need he help of a gallery plugin.

I haven’t done anything like this, but the most popular gallery plugin for WP is NextGen Gallery.

You can create galleries with that, and should be able to use it’s image display functions to display images in other parts of the site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.