Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Truncate Content on Home Page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    shick11sp

I mainly create sites for race teams, and have to this point basically just used basic html exclusively, and I’m looking to begin integrating sites with a CMS, probably using WordPress.

The reason I mentioned race teams is because one of the few things I’m having an issue with is how to integrate easily editable results pages (which should probably be tables, as the nature of a results page is mainly tabular data). My first issue is that I would like to take the results page and display a shortened version of that page on the front page of the site (ex. the results of the last 5 races on the sidebar, including the date, track, and finish) in order to keep the client from having to edit two parts of the site for basically the same data.

The other problem I’m having in my testing is that most CMS WYSIWYG editors have issues with editing tables. For example, if I create a table of results, is there a good way that I can allow users to visually add a table row with the three necessary columns to input their data?

My main problem is the first one concerning the truncated data on the home page, but if anyone has solutions for either of these issues, or have seen a plugin or something of the sort to help, I’d appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.