Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress Title Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    desttE

Hello,

I have been playing around with my blog titles and notice a small, mainly irritating bug that happens when a WordPress post does not have a headline.

Right now, my blog displays the title as: My Name / Title.

<?php bloginfo('name'); ?> / <?php is_home() ? bloginfo('description') : wp_title(''); ?>

When I view a post that does not have a title, it displays as: My Name /

Is there a way I can default the title to something I choose?

Thanks a million,
    Ian.

desttE

Anyone? :(

Billy
    Participant

maybe (I’m really only guessing):

if (wp_title() == "") {
    wp_title() == "yourwordhere";
    }
    Methemer

I’m not really sure, can you elaborate on where (what conditions) does this happen ?

desttE

It happens on any WordPress post that does not have a title.

If you have a look here: http://www.inlmbrt.com/2012/01/1171/

All I’m wanting to do is have some sort of default value if there is no title.

Billy
    Participant

How about (I’m only guessing)

<?php bloginfo('name'); ?> / <?php is_home() ? bloginfo('description') : wp_title(''); wp_title() ? : [yourTitleHere] ?>

I don’t know any of this. Can’t you just give the page a title, and then hide it with CSS by targeting that specific page (the body should have an id specific to it)

TheDoc

In what situation would you have a post that doesn’t have a title… ?

desttE

Hey cyneWATCH, thanks for the suggestion. Unfourtunately, it didn’t work. :(

TheDoc: I’m wanting to cover all my bases and also plan on having a few image based titleless posts.

TheDoc

There should definitely be no instance where a post or page doesn’t have a title. If you have some cases where you’d like to replace your title with an image, you can certainly set that up through custom fields but it should never be blank. Good to cover all of your bases but to me this is equivalent to making sure a page works with no content on it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.