Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress – Thumbnail help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JoeBass

I am having an issue finding a solution to thumbnails in post. How would you get a thumbnail to show up on the post and once the post is selected, show the full image in the single area? An exact example of is hilobrow(dot)com.
    I am new to WordPress and the site is live as I work on it, since my buddy doesnt care, and he pastes the images he wants in the text area for posting, there a better way to go about inserting images? Any input or references would be greatly appreciated!

I’ve done something like this using custom fields in WP. You create one for the thumbnail and one for the full image, then code in where/when to display them. Chris’s video #65 might help you out on using this feature, I’d say using custom fields (and understanding how they work) might be moderate to advanced in terms of skill level.

JoeBass

Thanks whiteInkDesign! will check that out.

JoeBass

In the media library wordpress has already created a thumbnail, do you know if there is a way to just get that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.