Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress themes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dcp3450
    Participant

I’m thinking about using wordpress on my webserver to build my website on. My sites theme will change based on the page you are on. Using wordpress can i assign a page its own theme or is it one theme for everything?

TheDoc

Well, it depends on what you mean by "theme".

If you’re talking about a completely different looking website (theme) per page, I would have to recommend against doing something so confusing to the end user.

If you’re talking about a differently structured page but using the same overall design, then the word you’re looking for there is "template".

You can have all sorts of custom templates in a WordPress theme.

CSS-Tricks, for example, is built on WordPress. You’ll notice that the index page is structured differently than, say, the Freebies page.

dcp3450
    Participant

it’s a photorealistic looking site. The layout is the same for every page and the overall theme is photorealistic. for example:

the page has a header, menu, content area, footer, and background. different section of the site will use a different header and background but the content area and footer will remain the same. the page still has the same layout and overall photorealistic theme but the header and background will look different.

so the index page will have a wood grain background with items like a cellphone, coke can, pencil in the header. however, the sports section would change to a basketball court style background with shoes and a basketball in the header.

The layout stays the same, the photorealistic concept stays the same, even the colors stay the same.

TheDoc

Okay, that’s easy enough. That’s all CSS changes anyways, so long as the structure is staying the same.

You can tag the <body> with <?php body_class(); ?> to specify how elements look depending on what page you’re on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.