Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Theme Readme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TWG
    Participant

I’m wanting to add a “help” or readme file to my theme I’m creating so that a user can go to the readme to answer some basic questions. Is there a way to do this?

TWG
    Participant

Well I was looking through an article last night and it show how to create a widget on the dashboard using my functions.php file. So I followed the example and created a widget that had my contact information and they also show using “/wp-admin/admin.php?page=readme” to call a readme file. So I created a readme file inside my theme and when I try to click on the link it tells me I don’t have enough permissions. I’m the only login and I’m an admin. I’m guessing my syntax is wrong.

chrisburton
    Participant

Sounds like a permissions issue.

TWG
    Participant

I was trying to learn how to create a dashboard widget and thought it might be helpful to include a “tutorial” page for the few people that will be updating this site. I figured I could use the README that way. I would actually like to just create a page users can go to inside the WP-ADMIN section to look at tutorials.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.