Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress theme not appearing on website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    johnjf

I made a wordpress theme and it’s not showing up at all on the website. I checked the themes section and it says “Stylesheet is missing” but it’s there. I tried changing the Theme name in the style.css and when I updated file an error would come up saying “The requested theme does not exist.”

I’m using wordpress 3.3.1

website is first-aidtraining.ca

johnjf

ok so I tried installing other themes and they seem to be working. Maybe there something wrong with my coding?

I deleted the folder and reinstalled the theme and still nothing showed up. I then tried editing the twenty ten theme and put my code in those files and nothing shows up but that theme was working before I switched it with my code.

It sounds like you have an issue somewhere that is causing WordPress to not recognise the theme. Start with a copy of the Twenty Ten theme and copy your files across one at a time, each time checking if the theme is still recognised. My guess would be that the problem is somewhere in style.css.

johnjf

Thanks, I’ll try that out

@johnjf No worries. Let us know how you go!

johnjf

alright so I reinstalled wordpress and it didn’t do nothing. So what I did was upload a theme I made before, I then switch my files around and everything was working until I deleted a file called home.php. Once I reuploaded that file it was showing up again. so I went back and forth through my code and turns out it was because I didn’t have these codes close to each other

End Of Content_Main

>’

I had the first 2 php statements just under the get header code and then there was a couple more divs after it then the h2 php title code was there which was in the main content div. I then had the end while php after end content div. So in the end once I put them all in the content_main div everything showed up. I was able to delete home.php file after this and just have the original index.php, page.php files.

I didn’t know the if statement had to be in the same div? anyway happy I got it working, I’m just a noob when it comes to wordpress.

Thanks for the help :D

Don’t worry, I’m a WordPress noob too. Glad you got it working!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.