Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design WordPress Theme Issue on first load (elements under header) can you help me?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ocisp87
    Participant

I am using a WordPress Theme called Customizr

I am looking for help about solving an issue but no solution found and no reply on the theme forum and GitHub.

When I load for the first time or on Incognito Mode my website from Firefox 57 some image and elements are under the header (bug or some CSS error)

Could you please help me with a solution? Maybe I need to fix, add some CSS to fix the issue.

The URL of the website is: https://www.peopleinside.it/

You can see the GitHub topic with pictures here: https://github.com/presscustomizr/customizr/issues/1016

Any help will be appreciated.

This seems to be a css issue but I do not know how to fix.

Beverleyh
    Participant

I think the idea is to upgrade to the pro version if you want support from the theme developers. Your other options would be to learn CSS/JavaScript/how to use the developer console (F12) yourself, or you could hire an independent web developer to troubleshoot and fix things for you. Unfortunately, troubleshooting themes installed on somebody else’s full codebase takes time and effort, so it’s unlikey that web developers will give you that openly in an unrelated coding forum. Your chance of getting free help would increase enormously though if you could strip the issue back to a standalone demo (and a much smaller codebase) in CodePen – that way, the troubleshooting task isn’t so onerous for us to look at in our spare time. That’s not to say that somebody won’t step in from here to help with your complete website, but given what we’re faced with, the likelihood isn’t great.

ocisp87
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Beverleyh,
    in the past I was able to fix some theme issue thanks to the help on the Internet usually i was able to fix issue with a simple css line, maybe is not this case from what i read in your reply.
    Thanks anyway.

Wish to you a very special week end.

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’m on Windows 7 at not seeing the issue in either Chrome or Quantum…

ocisp87
    Participant

Hi Shikkediel,
    thank you for your message!

This theme issue is very long to solve for me. In the past I have stopped to looking for help because i was no more able to reproduce so was thinking that the issue was resolved with an update.

I am on windows 10 screen resolution 1920 x 1080 and when I load the website from incognito mode of Firefox or Edge i am now able to see the issue all time.

I was so happy to was able to convert my theme in a responsive modern theme and now there is this bug / issue that i am not able to fix… also seems not very easy to get evidence of the issue but issue was confirmed also from a friend from another PC. Also me was able to reproduce from another PC:

Thank anyway.

ocisp87
    Participant

For now i created a test blog where can be maybe more easy diagnostics of the issue
    https://customizr.peopleinside.it/
    Incognito mode Firefox 57

I am also asking on some forums and reported the issue at the theme developers, for no since July no solution.
    I will try to continue in hope to find a solution, thanks all for the help!

Sometimes I want be a programmer so i can solve software issue ahaha but code is not very easy for me, i am on the basic knowledge. just a little.

Wish a nice and magical December!

Shikkediel
    Participant

I see the issue in both regular and incognito mode now. But it’s pretty complicated to find the script that’s causing it. One thing I did notice was that it seems to also adapt to the correct position with resizing. So here’s my suggestion for now:

jQuery(window).on('load', function() {

jQuery(this).resize();
    });

ocisp87
    Participant

Thank you Shikkediel,
    where I can put this :S ? Have you idea?

jQuery(window).on('load', function() {

jQuery(this).resize();
    });

ocisp87
    Participant

This is the theme:
    https://github.com/presscustomizr/customizr

i am looking if i found some script… i do not know where i can place this

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’m not sure how you (in your specific case) can interact with the page’s markup…

All it really needs is to be placed at the bottom of the page (or at least after the link that loads jQuery itself), with some script tags around it.

ocisp87
    Participant

OK thanks,
    seems I need wait a fix from the theme developers also if i do not know if will be released… i do not understand about script. Maybe the script is also to customize with the elements name… anyway thanks for the try. I was hope the issue was a css issue and can be solved more easily.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Looks like some JavaScript that fires at the incorrect time, not CSS unfortunately.

ocisp87
    Participant

Great Shikkediel,
    you solution is working… THANK YOU !!!

So I can hold also a year the developer to fix this… ahw thanks so much!
    <3

Love you :D

Thanksssss

Shikkediel
    Participant

Excellent. :-)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.