Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress Starkers Utilites::get_template_parts Problems Loading Parts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    georgearnall
    Participant

Hi,
    I have been developing a theme for WordPress for a couple of days now using Starkers Blank Theme.
    I have been using the starkers utilities to insert template parts. I discovered a problem when I tried to load to parts after each other.

When I run this code, it only ever displays the sidebar. Strangely, if I set them to call the same part twice. It displays how you would expect. The other strange thing I found was that if I load them the other way around. It also displays how you would expect. I believe it may be something to do with my html-sidebar.php file which simply contains this:

My sidebar.php file contains nothing but HTML.

I was not sure if this was the correct way to call the sidebar.php, however it seemed to work. Does anyone know a solution to my problem.

Thanks

georgearnall
    Participant

Solved it by myself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How did you solve it, George Arnall? You could at least show the courtesy to share your solution. Only then you could mark this as “solved”, as there would be a solution in that topic.

georgearnall
    Participant

I didn’t need to add the in html_sidbar.php. So this file is blank.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.