Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    skater102

Here is a personal blog site that I have been working on.
    Any suggestions?

http://watchingandwaiting.net

TheDoc
    Quote:
    I am not really pleased with how it turned out.

Neither am I? Not quite sure where to go from that one…

Anyways…

TYPOGRAPHY! It’s a beautiful thing when you get it right. Have a looksee.

skater102
    "TheDoc" wrote:
    Quote:
    I am not really pleased with how it turned out.

Neither am I? Not quite sure where to go from that one…

Anyways…

TYPOGRAPHY! It’s a beautiful thing when you get it right. Have a looksee.

That wasn’t really any help man. I have visited that site on several occasions, it is really good. Typography is one of my favorite things about web design. Not because I am good at it, but I would like to be. I am really new to web design, please don’t just criticize the design. Tell me what I can do to improve it.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I would personally change your main body text to something like 0.8em, also bring the text away from the post headers a little bit more.

Smaller fonts for your sidebar too, and some margin:5px 0; for your li’s in that list.

It’s not bad, its all just a little "big"

skater102

Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely make those changes.

Soh Tanaka

I would add more padding, especially the spots where its close to the edge~

Techguy172

I would add some Margin to the top of your sidebar there. Also Decrease the size of the font in the sidebar. Pretty much all your fonts just seem a bit too big.

There seems to be a big extreme from your header to your content area. Maybe try some new colors they don’t really seem to go together that well.

I agree with what was said above – change the typography, at the moment it is too bold and in your face. Make the main text smaller, and perhaps change the font, stay serif, but have a play around.

Furthermore I would add a gradient going from black to transparent on the footer to add a bit of contrast.

And finally how about some grunge on the header? Just to make it seems more organic.

Otherwise it is a nice site with a solid structure!

skater102

Thanks a lot for all the ideas guys. For now I am just going to switch my blog theme to a free template until I get enough time to work out all the problems. Your help was great.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.