Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress: single post but multiple category templates?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    WildSpirit

I’m working on a site for horses.

I finally got it to work basically how I think it should but am running into one little snag!

Say there is a horse on its specific group page (ie Stallion, Mare, Gelding – I made these categories that can be selected to designate what page the horse needs to be on)

There is also a category called "For Sale" This way if a "Mare" becomes for sale the client can ALSO check the forsale category for that horses post and it will show in both areas.

However, I need the layout for how the horses info is viewed if generated from FOR SALE to look different than if viewed from the original MARE (or other gender) pages.

I found ways to do this BUT ONLY if you are using one category per single post. Cant find anything for single post with multiple categories with specific templates…

I’m currently messing around in there but here is a link to the site if it helps: http://superiorstables.wildspiritdesign … stallions/

Thanks in Adcance!
    Lyle

Juri

Hi..

I’ve been looking for a solution to this problem a long time now but without success. Anyone?

Thanks!

TheDoc

You can do it, you’ll just have to set up multiple loops with conditions on your single.php template.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.