Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress sidebar elements.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    polle
    Participant

Hi.

I installed a fresh copy of WP 2.7 with default theme and add content to the sidebar with some divs, then a 2 column with 2 divs floating each other and then a last div with more stuff.

The problem is that the last div goes all the way down matching the body content, when the body content ends, that div in the sidebar starts. Leaving me a huge space between the 2 columns in the sidebar and that.

All the other content is ok, the first divs and the two columns, but that div does not show the content after the 2 columns, any idea how to fix this and move it up ?

Thanks.

polle
    Participant
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    have you floated them left? div’s are classed as block elements – they default to a new line unless you tell them not to.

Float:left on each box should line them up. If it still wont go its probably because you dont have enough space :)

Some code would be really useful if you could post them :D

Thanks Robskiwarrior.

Actually floating left the last div, pushed it up.

The first divs does not have floats, just the ones to make the left-right column and after those, left for the last one and done, its up.

polle
    Participant
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    Do you have a live site so we can have a look? its a bit hard trying to guess… :)

Hi Robskiwarrior, I have it local, but your previous answer fixed the issue.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.