Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress Sidebar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vernontheiii

I’ve been trying to add an add on sidebar feature that came in a theme i got from Woothemes.com

my blog: http://blog.madisonmasters.com

Heres the code for the side bar:

Code:

The part thats not working for me is:

Code:

It displays my featured content on every page not just the front one. Also the featured part on all the other pages doesn’t show the same thing that it shows on the blog.

Please help. Let me know if you need more info.

keithdevon

What’s the difference between "<?php if (is_home()) { ?>" and "<?php } if (is_front_page()) { ?>"?

Dunno if I’ll be able to help but I’ve been working with WordPress for the last few weeks, so might be able to figure something out!

Vernontheiii

Well I believe that since if opted for a static page as my home page instead of the normal "blog" home page that front page should be whatever page comes up first and the is_home() page should be the blog page but maybe that’s were i’m all wrong. I guess my real problem is how to i find out how to call my pages in PHP? How do i know what a certain page is named and then call it, like above, into my PHP?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.