Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Shopping Cart ~ Need advise!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Here’s the deal. I’m trying to add a shopping cart to a wordpress site.

This site is a little different from most. They aren’t selling an individual item per se….They are selling flower seeds and need to show the parent flowers.

I have added custom fields for Parent1 and Parent2. I have a custom type set-up called Parents and those posts contain the featured picture for that parent and the write-up about it. I am not sure if having it set-up as a separate type will affect how it queries the data, but I am going to assume it will.

They have over 100 parent flowers to enter and they only want to add that information once. Then, the products list page needs to pull up a list of items, seed packs that displays the thumbnail of each parent, quantity available, add to cart button etc.

On the individual item page, the code should pull in the parent information below the seed info to show what flower is the pod parent and which is the pollen parent.

I am hoping you can give me some great insight into this because it has turned out to be a much more complicated project than I originally anticipated. I need to know if anyone has any suggestions on the shopping cart software or how to make this project a reality.

• Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.