Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other wordpress search help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Blackhawkso

On my wordpress theme i am using a static page for my home page. The issue is if someone submits an empty search wordpress sends them to the index.php. I remember that in one of the videos Chris showed a technique to deal with this but i can’t remember which video it was. Does anyone know how to deal with this or which video it was?

Cheers
    Phil

Blackhawkso

Does anyone have any idea? Please

Blackhawkso

@JoshWhite The search loop is fine and on a standard WP site that don’t use a static home page don’t have an issue with when someone submits an empty search but as soon as you use a static home page the issue arises. This is because the WP standard for handerling an empty search is to send the user to index.php. This is the issue i am battling with and need to fix.

Blackhawkso

I’ve still not been able to find the answer to this yet can anyone help please

TheDoc

Sorry, do you have the search.php file? Can’t tell if you’ve answered Josh’s question.

Blackhawkso

@TheDoc Yeah i have a search.php file but the default for wordpress when someone submit’s the search box with nothing in it is to send them to index.php but it wont load the page that you have set as your home page which in my case is a template under home.php

TheDoc

Aaahhhh. There are a few solutions for this. Just search “empty search wordpress” in Google and you’ll find a plethora of solutions.

Blackhawkso

@TheDoc

Thank you

chrisburton
    Participant

Yeah, I remember having this issue. I might have posted it here in the forums.

Edit: It was unrelated to an empty search.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.