I have looked at a lot responsive table designs.
Wordpress needs a responsive tables plugin like the one described here.
What I describe will work with all tables including standard data tables and the type of tables on my WP development website at:
s-matrix.com/~smtrxgrp/efficient-energy-use (tables are in the accordion tabs)
currently on a sub-domain of my server domain s-matrix.com.
My tables are just HTML tables that inherit my theme styles. They look good for my purposes and have all the functionality that I want. They are responsive except for width that can be scrolled – see website on a smartphone.
The best responsive table design for me would be an excel spreadsheet look alike built by making HTML tables responsive in the following way:
1. Open the table in a responsively sized window on any device
2. Horizontal and vertical scroll bars to look at all parts of the table in the window; vertical height selectable
3. Any other suitable navigation aids
4. Ability to select a set of rows and columns to remain fixed as headings as the table is scrolled
5. Data table search and sort functionality
6. Ability to re-size content down to the cell level within the window
7. Use either HTML or TablePress to initially create the tables using theme CSS defaults; add the responsive window code as a shortcode or a class
8. Automatic responsive fit to portrait or landscape orientation
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.