Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Responsive Tables Plugin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ceosmatrixgroup
    Participant

I have looked at a lot responsive table designs.
    Wordpress needs a responsive tables plugin like the one described here.
    What I describe will work with all tables including standard data tables and the type of tables on my WP development website at:
    s-matrix.com/~smtrxgrp/efficient-energy-use (tables are in the accordion tabs)
    currently on a sub-domain of my server domain s-matrix.com.
    My tables are just HTML tables that inherit my theme styles. They look good for my purposes and have all the functionality that I want. They are responsive except for width that can be scrolled – see website on a smartphone.
    The best responsive table design for me would be an excel spreadsheet look alike built by making HTML tables responsive in the following way:
    1. Open the table in a responsively sized window on any device
    2. Horizontal and vertical scroll bars to look at all parts of the table in the window; vertical height selectable
    3. Any other suitable navigation aids
    4. Ability to select a set of rows and columns to remain fixed as headings as the table is scrolled
    5. Data table search and sort functionality
    6. Ability to re-size content down to the cell level within the window
    7. Use either HTML or TablePress to initially create the tables using theme CSS defaults; add the responsive window code as a shortcode or a class
    8. Automatic responsive fit to portrait or landscape orientation

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.