Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Alen
    Participant

@jeldera you can just keep going by adding more
    `$fields[ ‘new’ ] = ‘ //new code’;`

You can also drop fields by returning empty string. So
    `$fields[ ‘author’ ] = ‘ ‘` would remove “Name” field.

Alen
    Participant

@deeve007, I don’t know. I think developing social marketing strategy and implementing it per platform is far more effective at reaching the type of client or audience you want. Good content will always be shared (like/share buttons, twitter, pin, etc). We’re talking about commenting and having both just seems too much. For me it’s one or the other. Now, having a system that allows you to register to comment is something different. But, for the sake of the user experience, I like to stick with one solution, and not have user pick/choose, have unnecessary clutter, etc.

deeve007
    Participant

I wasn’t suggesting both. At the moment I see a lot of comments that get added to a blog post, and that’s the end of it. With Facebook comments, it appears on the post, plus it also appears on the user’s facebook wall with a link back to the blog post that their friends can see without you needing to do anything. That seems like far better reach with minimal effort to me.

Alen
    Participant

Didn’t Facebook change that policy with “promote” button for their pages?

Ransom

In this code

function add_check_boxes_to_comment_form( $fields )
    {
    $fields = ‘

‘;
    return $fields;
    }
    add_filter(‘comment_form_default_fields’,’add_check_boxes_to_comment_form’);

Will this return a column in the comments admin area or will it be put into the comment? If it does not add a column how can I get it to add a column.

Thanks

jeldera

@AlenAbdula

In this code

function add_check_boxes_to_comment_form( $fields ) { $fields = ‘

Priviate (Given to family only)
    ‘; return $fields; } add_filter(‘comment_form_default_fields’,’add_check_boxes_to_comment_form’);

Will this return a column in the comments admin area or will it be put into the comment? If it does not add a column how can I get it to add a column.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.