Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress query_posts ~ Need help getting it to work properly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I need to query posts so that they sort first by date with the oldest appearing first, then by category with the lowest number appearing first. I can’t get anything to work. Please help!

When I use simply

The order seems totally random, the categories are not in order at all

Site w/ problem

TheDoc

What do you mean order by date and then order by category? You can’t have two different orders working at the same time.

TheLeggett

It sort of sounds like you’re trying to create separate lists of posts – one list for each category – and each list is ordered by date.

Maybe you can elaborate on what you’re trying to accomplish? That seems a bit strange to me.

Well, I was finally able to solve the problem….What I was trying to do was to “group” the posts by date & then sort those by category…or theater if you looked at the site.

The idea was to show all of the movies showing this week together first in order by theater b/c theater 1, 2, etc….also meant it was the newest movie.

I was able to solve the problem by switching up the requirements for the site & doing something different than what the owner had asked for, but something that works completely better…well, b/c it works!

Cinema Site Finished Product

Let me know what you think.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.