Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress query post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tobeeornot

Silly question. I realise the following query_post code is requesting the child page of the page with the id of ‘168’.

What if I want to refer only to page id ‘168’? I have tried running “parent=168” and “cat=168” with no success.

TheDoc

You’ve almost written it yourself!

page_id=168

tobeeornot

Haha…I thought I was nearly there. I really didn’t want to post the question as I thought I should figure it out.

BTW Doc – a bit off topic now- you once referred me to the teamtreehouse website for responsive web design. Would you recommend it? I was thinking of subscribing nut it looks like it works to some kind of badge system that, I’m guessing, prevents you from downloading too much content within a month. Is that right?

tobeeornot

Hmm, sorry about this, but I changed the code to the following an didn’t work:

TheDoc

You used ‘post_id’ instead of ‘page_id’.

I haven’t signed up for TeamTreeHouse yet, so I can’t really comment on it. I just know it’s built buy some good people and I can probably assume it has good content.

tobeeornot

Doh…silly me.

Thanks again.

I shall probably subscribe as it sounds really helpful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.