Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress Queries and Calendars

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    calebkester

So here’s the scenario: I have my sites hosted on MediaTemple’s grid servers. Every once in awhile my database connection goes out for like 5 minutes because MYSQL goes down. I contacted their help and from the sound of it, it is because I go over the allotted queries.

My project over break has been to try and reduce the amount of queries that my pages do. Currently, the main page sits at about 23 queries with one exception… my calendar.

I’m using this calendar pluggin for the sidebar: http://www.kieranoshea.com/ . When I check my queries with this enabled it jumps in the thousands. My first inclination is to remove it and try to find a different event calendar (which I’ve already changed 3 calendars now), but i’m wondering if I’ll have the same problems with other "calendar" tools.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Should I be concerned if I hit over a thousand WP Queries on each page due to the calendar plug in?

2. Do you know of a better way to do the sidebar event list calendar that would be easy for the client to update?

Thanks for your time!

You can try caching your database queries through the use of either the W3 Total Cache plugin or DB Cache plugin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.