Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WORDPRESS Private Post ‘next_post_link’ doesn’t work

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    infocentre

Hello guys,

I am using some ‘Private’ posts as a client area, so the user must be subscribed (manually approved) to view the posts.

The posts are marked as private and everything works as it should, except the next_post_link and prev_post_link. This must be because the posts are private.

This is the code:

the TRUE means that the posts must be in the same category, which they are.

Also on the subject of private posts – the title is appended with ‘Private’, where is this set?

Any help on this much appreciated!

Thanks
    Alex

Bob

Regarding the Private: that is in the title of your posts, I think your solution can be found here:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-set-new-post-visibility-to-private-by-default

infocentre

That’s very helpful – thanks!

Although my biggest issue is the next and prev post links!

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

I’m not too familiar with private posts, but if they’re set using query before the loop, the issue might be similar to one I had to solve a few weeks ago, where next/previous wasn’t working on a page that was showing posts for a single category. Here’s a sample of the many posts you can find on the topic:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/next_posts_link-not-going-to-older-posts

I had to replace my query_posts statement with this (just an example, not saying this works straightaway for you):

infocentre

Thanks for trying mate – but didnt help my situation. I decided to ditch the private posts all-together and have installed a basic ‘Member Access’ plugin.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.