Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript WordPress – prettyPhoto not working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lukewilde

I have followed what it says on their site and it doesn’t want to work for me, anyone got any ideas? I have added the rel=”prettyPhoto” to the image but for the some reason the prettyphoto js isn’t being called even thought i have done it exactly the same as the examply on the site.

This page has an image which should be opened in prettyphoto: http://lsw-design.com/tf/darkgreen/?portfolio=cannot-be-read

lukewilde

Anyone?

demersdesigns
    Participant

lukewilde,
    Your links to both the js file and the css for the prettyPhoto plugin are not pointing to the correct location of the actual files. You need to point the paths as follows:

Script ->

/js/***Name of JS File***

CSS ->

/css/***Name of CSS File***

I found these issues with firebug. I would definitely suggest using it, if you aren’t already. It will save your ass on a daily basis…

Hope that helps.

lukewilde

Just tried that and still not working, i am using firebug and it is giving the error ” $(“a[rel^=’prettyPhoto’]”).prettyPhoto is not a function ” but someone said that is because the .js file isn’t there like you said, but i had it linked like the website for prettyphoto says to and have tried it how you just said and it is still not working.

lukewilde

Anyone have any idea? still haven’t got this working

gr8webdiva

Hi Luke,
    Don’t know if you still need this help, but I read somewhere that WordPress needs you to use “jQuery” instead of “$” when defining functions. This is to eliminate conflicts with other libraries. Hope it helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.