Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Posts to Pages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MikeyC86

Hi Everyone,

Here’s my problem:
    One of my clients needs to be able to post multiple news articles on multiple pages. At the moment I have the site set up with various pages, and the client just edits the pages when he wants to change the article. However the client now needs an RSS feed, which wasn’t foreseen and after looking into this in some detail I can’t see it working as it is at the moment and being able to use a feed.

So what I thought was, no problem, just use it as a blog, and have each page, pull posts from a specific category.

It turns out that this seems to be a lot more difficult that I first thought and there is no wordpress supported tag or function to do this.

I need the page(ie global news) to pick up and display the latest post from a certain category(ie global-news) in full as if it were just a page as it is now.

There are various plugins that seem to do something similar, but all they display is a title which links to the full article.

Basically it needs to be set up something like geek.com where there are various areas(apple, gadgets, etc) but the difference would be that when you goto that page, the latest article is already there in full on the page, not linked to and displayed somewhere else.

Sorry for the ridiculously long winded way of explaining this, but as you can see I’m a little stuck!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

MikeyC86

Does anybody have any ideas? My client wants the work doing early next week, and at the moment I have no Idea what to do.

seeingsound
    MikeyC86

Thanks for that seeingsound, I’ve used that method on a test page and it seems to work fine.

I’ll report back when I have installed it on all necessary pages!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.