Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress – Page of pages excerpts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello.
    I am creating a new website which uses WordPress as CMS and I have run into a problem which I don’t know how to solve.
    The site is structured in a first level menu (SERVICES) which has several child-menus (SERVICE1, SERVICE2, SERVICE3, ..).
    I have a slide menu in the header which shows first level menu and:

1. on hover on first level menu, child-menus should appear (that’s done, it works)
    2. on click on a child-menu, the relative page is opened (done and working too)
    3. on click on a first level menu, I’d like to see a page in which there’s a list (organized with CSS) of titles+excerpts of child-menu pages (I cannot figure out how to do that)

I have found that it’s possible to add an excerpt of a blog post using something like:

Latest Post

">

So I was wondering if it was possible to do this same operation with a page instead of a post.
    I hope my question is clear (if not, please ask).
    Thanks.

Roggers

Yeah, it shouldnt be an issue. All you’d need is to create the page, with links to the corresponding child pages, and then link the parent link to it. If you watch Chris Coyiers screencast on using wordpress as a CMS, he shows hoe to create pages, although not with the same effect as yours, but it shouldnt be too hard.

Thanks Roggers, I’ll try.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.