Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Page Name & Favicon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mwdewitt

Okay, I have two simple questions.

I am designing a new website, here, and I want it to say “Home – Gloom, the Novellas” at the top of the window. So, I set my front page to display a static page called “Home” in Settings > Reading, but when I view the page, it only displays “- Gloom, the Novellas.” Is there a way to fix this?

Also, for some reason, my website is displaying an old favicon from another website that I designed. So, I checked to see if the favicon in my directory folder was the right one and it is. It should be displaying a black silhouette of a moth instead of the letter “M.” Again, is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

chrisburton
    Participant

Clear your cache. It displays a butterfly (not a moth) for me

mwdewitt

Thanks. I cleared my cache and I can now see the moth silhouette as well. Here is the code in my header.php that generates the title:

<br /> <?php<br /> if (function_exists('is_tag') && is_tag()) {<br /> single_tag_title("Tag Archive for ""); echo '" - '; }<br /> elseif (is_archive()) {<br /> wp_title(''); echo ' Archive - '; }<br /> elseif (is_search()) {<br /> echo 'Search for "'.wp_specialchars($s).'" - '; }<br /> elseif (!(is_404()) && (is_single()) || (is_page())) {<br /> wp_title(''); echo ' - '; }<br /> elseif (is_404()) {<br /> echo 'Not Found - '; }<br /> if (is_home()) {<br /> bloginfo('name'); echo ' - '; bloginfo('description'); }<br /> else {<br /> bloginfo('name'); }<br /> if ($paged>1) {<br /> echo ' - page '. $paged; }<br /> ?><br />
    chrisburton
    Participant

Couldn’t you just do this?

if (is_home()) {
    bloginfo('name'); echo 'Home - '; bloginfo('description'); }

I use an SEO plugin where I can declare exactly what I want it to output.

mwdewitt

I downloaded the plugin and changed the name. Thanks for the tip!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.