Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress – Out of hours

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bonzai
    Participant

Hey guys,

I would really appreciate any advice with a problem I’ve ran into, it’s been driving me nuts trying to find a solution. I’m in the process of setting up a online store through Woocommerce, but I need to restrict the hours people are able to purchase items from the store. They should only be able to purchase anything during business hours. Does anyone know of any plugins or an easy way of achieving this?

Regards,
    Bonzai

Senff
    Participant

That’s going to be tricky. STORE business hours or CUSTOMER business hours?

Bonzai
    Participant

Will be Store business hours. Basically i want the customer to only be able to checkout at a certain time of the day – For instance between 13:00 – 23:00

Bonzai
    Participant

BST (Europe/London)

Paulie_D

Technicalities aside….If I came across a site that WOULDN’T let me buy something from an **online store** for this reason…I would abandon the site forever and mock it to all my friends.

That’s a terrible User Experience.

Bonzai
    Participant

For a normal store this would be silly and think this is why I’m struggling so much to find a solution.

But this isn’t for a normal online store, it’s for a restaurant that does takeaways, so customers should only be able to order when the business is open.

Paulie_D

OK…then rather than closing down the entire process (since that seems to be a problem), I would suggest, as part of the purchasing process, you would need to capture the current time and add a warning if it’s not within a set period.

Just an option I thought of, how easy that is…I don’t know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.