Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress Menu within page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sc0twpburgh
    Participant

Wondering if anyone has ever tried to use the native WordPress menu functionality, to display a menu within the body of a page, not just header/footer/sidebar etc.

So have inserted using a Visual Composer plugin. Initial issue, is that all of the menus and sub menus are automatically open and all 3 levels display, which looks messy.

What we want, is for the sub menus only to appear on hover, as they do for a normal menu on header. Looked at the CSS in header, and tried to replicate into the body version of menu. But not working the same…..

So it’s the opacity we have been playing with like below:

.sub-menu {
    opacity: 0;
    }

And then:

.sub-menu:hover {
    opacity: 1;
    }

But I know this isn’t right. Just wondered if anyone had working example as visual or ideas on full CSS to use? Thanks.

LearnTheNew
    Participant

can you provide your website name. In wordpress you have design you menu you have to go in Appereance->Menu. for menu designing.

sc0twpburgh
    Participant

Sorry, that reply doesn’t assist at all. I’ve already outlined we are using the native WP menu. I.e. it is build and driven from Appearance > Menu. My question is relating to CSS and menu slide-out on hover. Please re-read the question and let me know if clear?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.