Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress Loop Help – wp_pagenavi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gelias

I’m currently working on developing my site and have run into a few issues, mainly with the loop and wp_pagenavi plugin. Hopefully someone can help. I got the wp_pagenavi to work on the main page.

Here are my issues:

– Added wp_pagenavi to the Search and Archives page and it does not work. When ever I click on a page it just keeps the same data as the first page.

– The other issue, when I click on a category instead of listing all the posts in that category it displays the archives page.

– When I publish multiple posts on the same date, the date only appears on one post and not all of them.

A link to the site is: gelias.ca/test

Your help is again greatly appreciated.

TheDoc

For the date problem, instead of using the_date() use this:

TheDoc

For the category problem, do you have a category.php file? If not, create one.

As for the search and archives pages, can you post the loop that you have? It sounds like you are using query_posts and haven’t set it up properly for paging. http://scribu.net/wordpress/wp-pagenavi/right-way-to-use-query_posts.html

Gelias

Thanks. The date worked. The category no I do not have one, will create one and see how that goes.

As for the search, I have tried everything but reverted back to start before adding wp_pagenavi. Here is the code:

Here is the code for the archives:

$arc_year = get_the_time('Y');
    $arc_month = get_the_time('m');
    $posts = query_posts( "year=$arc_year&monthnum=$arc_month" );
    $count = count($posts);
    ?>

Archive Results for ">"" Results Found

Please note that I am new to wordpress, so if there is a better way to do what I am doing please let me know.

Thanks again.

Gelias

Category page is up and running. Would I need to change anything for the loop for the category page as well for wp_pagenavi to work properly?

Gelias

bump

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.