Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Loading Spinner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    magsterrrr
    Participant

I am at a mainframe shop, where we have just gone live with our WordPress Intranet . All is going pretty well, except for some issues with speed – especially when the site has to email (SMTP). When a user submits a form for instance – you get a message in the lower bar – “Waiting for Intranet…” and a slow spinner in the Chrome tab at the top. One problem is that these are barely noticeable to the end-user and they may resubmit or click out of the screen. I would like to be able to show them a very visible Wait/Loading type spinner so that they know something is going on. I’ve search around quite a bit for a plugin or something that could do this, but have come up empty. Ultimately, I would like to speed up the site. Not quite sure where to begin there… other than it is on a Windows Server and I’ve heard that ideally we should be hosting on a Unix server for better performance. Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.