Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress- Linking thumbnails

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lukewilde

http://lsw-design.com/tf/darkgreen/?page_id=9

Is there any way i can link the thumbnails to the large image posted in the post? I am using timthumb to crop it and i think that is causing a problem for the links, i idealy wanted the image inside the post to link to the larger image but because i am using timthumb to get the image it isnt getting the link which it is posted with, unless there is another way to crop the image as well as timthumb does, i am not sure what to do about it.

noahgelman
    Participant

What is the url format it’s linking too right now and what should it look like?

lukewilde

well the thumbnails are using get_permalink(); at the moment to get the posts link, so i need it to somehow link to the large version of the image. But i don’t know the code to get the image link or something

noahgelman
    Participant

Regardless of how you’re getting the images, if you know the ‘src’ attribute of the image, and the what the src needs to be to link to the image, you can right a few lines of java to cut up the url into the proper format.

lukewilde

I have no idea how to do that, i just need a code or something to get the link which is posted with the image. This portfolio and slider is such a pain just want to get this part done then its sorted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.